SHOULD YOU CHOOSE HARD DISK DRIVE OR TAPE DATA STORAGE FOR BUSINESS BACK-UPS ?
The digitalized world demands effective backup from the business organization. There are two types of data storage you can opt from according to your need and preferences. They are tape backup and hard disc drive.
Before choosing one of them you must have a detailed idea about both the storage form.
In a tape drive, the data is stored on a magnetic tape, and used for offline, archival data storage.
Advantages of Tape Drive
The Tape Drive is the oldest form of data storage device that is used for reading and writing data on a tape cartridge. The advantages of tape data recovery services are stated underneath:
- Capacity: The large storage capacity of the Tape Data device is the most useful benefit of this type of storage system. Because of meeting the growing data demands, the storage capacity of the modern tape medium is increasing day by day.
- Cost: Tape drives are offline data storage. So, it costs less to maintain it. Tape backups are the most pocket-friendly way of storing data.
- Scalability: You can easily buy new tape and add them to the tape library. This scalability is another advantage of tape data storage.
- Durability: The tape data storage can store data for 30nyears or even more if maintained properly. This stability is one of the reasons behind the popularity of tape drives.
- Portability: After storing data to tape cartridges, you can store it to an offsite location. This portability makes this storage system popular.
- Security: As tape backups are stored offline, it can protect data from system crashes, theft, ransomware, or malware. Security, hence, is an effective advantage of tape data storage.
Hard Disc Drive
A hard drive contains a platter disc that is covered with magnetic material where the data is stored.
Advantages of Hard Disc Drive
The hard disc drive is a storage device that stores different types of data, files, and software applications. The advantages are as below:
- Affordability: The production cost of a Hard Disc Drive is lesser. Naturally, it is still the most pocket-friendly storage device.
- Availability: This type of storage is manufactured in large quantities. Thus it is available almost everywhere.
- Longevity: The platter disc where the data is stored has high durability. Naturally, the Hard Disc Drive keeps on functioning for a long time.
Tape Drive or Hard Disc Drive which Is Best for You?
After reading the write-up, it will be easy for you to choose the right storage system for backing up your data. Choose the right one according to your need and preferences. Compare the hard drive data recovery and tape data recovery services as you cannot avoid data loss.
It is tough to choose between Tape Drive and Hard Disc Drive. Do not make the harsh decision. Go through every aspect of both the storage system then only take the decision. While taking a decision keep the 4 magical factors – speed, capacity, cost, and hassle factor. While tape backup already proved its reliability, Hard Disc Drive is more logical from the view of usability.